Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > General Discussion about Racing History

General Discussion about Racing History Vintage auto racing has a very special place in most race fans heart and mind. The cars, the drivers, the spills and thrills. Please share your auto racing memories. Feel free to start threads/topics in this forum that are non-specific to drivers, cars, or tracks.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
Mitch G.

Default Re: A race fan's confession.

Fordphan, you were very lucky, I'm not wild about getting older, but I wish I had been around for the "Roadster era" at Indy, I'm 55 so I just missed it. Superstroke, the story's of the old Indy race car builders are truly amazing. One of my favorites, is about A.J. Watson, moving his shop from California to Indianapolis, realizing he had no measurements for building cars...they were drawn in chalk on his shop floor in California!! He had to measure an existing roadster in Indy in order to keep working on his cars. One story of many, Watson won 7 Indy 500's as a builder and or crew chief, amazing personality.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links