Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Race Tracks

Race Tracks Everyone has their favorite race track(s) growing up as a kid. In this forum you can discuss your favorite old race track. Make sure to title your new thread with the name of the race track.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:17 AM   #31
ColoradoRobert
One Post Wonder

Default Re: Englewood Speedway - Denver Colorado

Interesting as I was looking over the history of the Speedway this excerpt
struck me: A January 20, 1980 news article both shocked and confirmed to all that the track would not open for the new season, but instead would be leveled for the start of construction of an industrial area called Sherwood Business Park. * “We were going to call it Speedway Business Park” said Rich Codner, “but then we figured nobody would remember the speedway in two or three years.” ~ Jerry Lee * Very sad reasoning to me because Sherwood means even less to me (what is meaningful or important about this name. Anyone know?). * Also, I wonder if the area has signage saying Sherwood or if it is just the public records
description? In my opinion they made the wrong choice, it should 'be' called Speedway and there should be signage.
ColoradoRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links