Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Modifieds

Modifieds The open wheel version of a stock car has a wide range of variations as well as the supermodfied which is a closer relative to the sprint car.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
Bodacious Critter

Default Supermodified racer Bob Dorsey

Anybody ever hear of him? He had a repair shop behind my house when I was a kid in the 60s. This was in Marion Ohio. His super was yellow but I don't remember the number. On the rear of the car it read, "You'll wonder where the yellow went" which was a slogan used in advertising at the time by Pepsodent tooth paste.
Before Dorsey the shop was occupied by Bill Horn who I believe was a drag racer, although I was quite young at that time. I do know that he continued to be a local engine whiz into his old age.
Thanks for any info you may have.
Bodacious Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
MW Supers
One Post Wonder

Default Re: Supermodified racer Bob Dorsey

Greetings; I may be able to help you a little bit. If you go to the website
Retro Rockets - Vintage Supermodified Archive and go to Volume 2. The top middle picture in that category will show a Bob Dorsey super driven by, and I will call him the "Great" Todd Gibson. You may want to check the pics on that site, you may come across the car you were asking about. Also you may want to get on their forum page and ask those folks the same question, there is a lot of oldtimers on there. One more thing, you may want to get ahold of the Gibson Family. They still live in the Richwood, Oh area, I believe, just south of Marion. Good Luck...................
MW Supers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
Bodacious Critter

Thanks for the info, MW Supers. I don't know Todd personally but watched him and also his son race many times, mostly at Sandusky which was a great track for the supers. I'll check out the web pages you described. Thank again.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
Bodacious Critter

Found it! That's certainly the same Bob Dorsey as he's from Marion although a different car than I remember. I never knew that someone I enjoyed watching in later years drove for Bob. Very interesting.