Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Sprint Cars & Champ Cars

Sprint Cars & Champ Cars The big brother(s) to the midget these open wheel beasts have a rich heritage in our auto racing memories.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
BrianBraden

Default 60s CAE sprint car i just picked up

Just picked this car up i will get some better pics of the hood maybe someone will rember this car

and heres a few more photos of my grandpa and dads race cars and my first sprint car
BrianBraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
BrianBraden

Default Re: 60s CAE sprint car i just picked up

BrianBraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #3
Mitch G.

Great stuff, lots of family history there!! I like the Sedan, next to the Maxwell sprint car in that top group of 4 photo's, nice shop you have.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
champcar7

Just ssssaw your post. I hope the rebuild went well. We have a 1973 CAE that was shipped to Australia in kit form. We are looking for information on CAE... do you know if they still in business?
champcar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #5
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcar7 View Post
Just ssssaw your post. I hope the rebuild went well. We have a 1973 CAE that was shipped to Australia in kit form. We are looking for information on CAE... do you know if they still in business?
Welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
deucemac

CAE has been gone for years. It was purchased by Curt Waters, who gave Jim a down payment and never a dime more. Jim was bitter the rest of his life and passed away several years ago. John Cramer, his shop foreman died a few years ago. Curt Waters also bought Halibrand and called the resulting company ARC/Halibrand. He mae several enemies in the process, went belly up leaving many unpaid bills. ARC/Halibrand was bought by Jackman Steel in El Cajon, California and has since been sold many times until the company no longer resembles anything of the heydays of the old CAE and Halibrand. A very good friend of mine crewed the CAE house car with John Cramer and had a front row sear to observe the destruction of a once great sprint car business. Sad situation all around.
deucemac is offline   Reply With Quote