Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > General Discussion about Racing History

General Discussion about Racing History Vintage auto racing has a very special place in most race fans heart and mind. The cars, the drivers, the spills and thrills. Please share your auto racing memories. Feel free to start threads/topics in this forum that are non-specific to drivers, cars, or tracks.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
The Empire
Rookie

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.
Default Helping a fellow community tracking a vintage racing suit

Hi!

My name is Adam and I would very much appreciate your help with a thing. I'm a member of a worldwide fundraising organization called the 501st legion. Basically the organization is a group of Star Wars geeks that build their own costumes that represent the ones found in the Star Wars universe and then go out and collect money to charity while wearing them.

The community strives to get their costumes as accurate as possible and this is where I hope that you can help.

Currently Iím trying to reconstruct one of the characters called Greedo. There is quite much information of the origin of his clothing but there is one thing that has never been found. It has been confirmed that he/she is wearing a vintage racing jumpsuit the wrong way round from pre 1977 but no one have ever tracked the original source. Iím hoping to be able to enlighten the community where the original racing suit came from and if possible bring back pictures or try to track down and buy one myself.

I donít know anything about racing jumpsuits but I know that there are many seriously knowledgeable people on this board so I will post some pictures in this thread and then just maybe someone will find it in their heart to try to source the origin with their knowledge.

All help would be greatly appreciated!!! PM me or write in this thread if you have any info whatsoever!

(Sorry if this broke any of the forum rules, I understand if you delete it)

Cheers!
(It's the teal-turquoise colored jumpsuit with the white ribs)

Here are some behind the scenes...

And here is on from the movie shoving the collar in detail

The Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links