Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Mighty Midgets

The Mighty Midgets Often referred to as the purest form of racing these "mighty midgets" are a racing history teasure.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
Mitch G.

Default Colorado midget for sale

Not positive, but pretty sure this is one of 2 Edmunds Low Bar VW midgets that Roger Mauro bought for the 1977 season. Originally blue, cars were #1 and #7, Dave Strickland sr. drove the #1 (defending RMMRA champ from 1976), Ed Coleman drove #7. Mauro and Strickland sr. had poor luck with these cars, so they painted them typical Mauro Ferrari red part way thru the season. Did not help, Strickland destroyed his in a horrendous flip on the back chute at Colorado National Speedway. Ken Slocum bought the #7 car for his son Casey to drive, Casey hit the wall at Englewood Speedway. Ron Schleiger repaired the car, and converted it to a standard hi-bar car. Slocum ran the car for several seasons, they bought a new Edmunds coil car, and sold this car to Bill Webster who campaigned it in 1982, it was a beautiful dark blue with silver leaf #79. Casey told me the car was sold to Arizona, and he lost touch. It was verified that this car was sold to Chuck Mauro, so I'm pretty sure it's the Mauro/Slocum/Webster car. Only thing I question, is the roll cage has been changed sometime over the years, those tubular gussets on the front roll cage cross member, are not standard Edmunds. Someone changed it, not a big deal. Neat midget, great price!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edmunds-4-ba...25.m3641.l6368

Casey Slocum in the converted Low-bar Edmunds in 1981, always a great looking and running car.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links