Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Mighty Midgets

The Mighty Midgets Often referred to as the purest form of racing these "mighty midgets" are a racing history teasure.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
Loudaccent

Default Would anyone be able to tell me more about this car ??

Good day everyone I live in North Carolina and I inquired a storage unit from my brothers friend who past a few years back the family was paying for unit but decided to let it go well I seem to have found what would be a 1/4 midget car?? From what I've seen on the net but I haven't seen any with a rear engine the plates on the trailer are from California and the year 1985 so this thing hasent seen daylight in 30 years but is very clean. Any info would be appreciated. I assume it's vintage or antique.
Loudaccent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
Loudaccent

Default Re: Would anyone be able to tell me more about this car ??

Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1475019654688.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4447  
Old 09-30-2016, 04:40 AM   #3
black vette 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudaccent View Post
Some pics
...well I have never seen anything like it,but I think it's so cool....a few more photos please

A thousand friends is not enough......one enemy is too much...
black vette 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
Loudaccent

Quote:
Originally Posted by black vette 59 View Post
...well I have never seen anything like it,but I think it's so cool....a few more photos please
I have a car show I'm attending in a different state next week that I'm preparing for . After that I will be cleaning the dust off and most likely get it running. I know who last owned it it's just connecting the dots to find were it came from or custom built. Once cleaned I'll take many photos but been stored for 30 years so it's very clean it still has all the safetywire on all the suspension adjustmentsfor circle track
Old 10-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
Mitch G.

To me it looks like what some clubs used to call a "1/2 midget". These were generally 1/4 midgets large enough for adults, the engine was in the tail, just like yours. A more common 3/4 midget has the engine up front like it's bigger brother the full midget. Since it has sophisticated suspension, torsion bars, shock absorbers, etc. but the engine in the tail, I'd say it's a "1/2 Midget". Also since the trailer has California plates, I'd contact the Western Racing Association in CA, they are a well organized vintage club they have a website, www.westernracing.com I think. I can't read the lettering on the hood, what does it say? interesting car.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote