Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Checkered Flag

The Checkered Flag This is where we say goodbye to drivers, car owners, promoters, race tracks and other memorable auto racing fixtures that have passed away.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
thpracing
thpracing

Default RIP THPracing's Ricky"P" Parker

when I returned home this morning from I-25 speedway, i recieved the news that my long time friend, riding buddy and business partner, Ricky Lee "P" Parker passed away saturday in Miami FLA. Rick was born in Kansas 1-8-54.Rick was 1 of the 3 original members of THPracing team. He was the P in THP along with Moose Harmon and Kevin Tearney. Before starting racing in Denver in 1976, Rick raced Harleys for Truitt and Osborne in Kansas. A long time Harly rider, he liked iron head sportsters the most, and u would find it parked up against the pit wall in our spot by the track entrance. He was also part owner of our business--Total Hi-Performance automotive---351 so Lowell. He was our welder, fabricator,and painter. He not only built our 17 in house cars that we raced, but worked on dozens of local race cars from 76 to 87. Rick was a 12 year member of the CARC, and also NHRA and NASCAR. He also raced in the street stock division at lakeside. In 77, he ran a big block ford boat, #444 and 78/79 ran a 60's mercury caliente "Snoopy's Hotrod" #45. Here is a pic of our team from 82--Rick is second from left--u could always find him in the pits by his ZZ Top beard and long hair-- and in this pic is 3rd from rite-- ---We closed the shop in 87 and Moose and Rick moved to Moose's home state of Michigan. Rick later moved to southern Florida were he lived until his deat of acute dementia in a Miami are hospital yesterday----He is survived by his wife Deena, and son Mike. He will be missed by many more---RIDE FREE MY BROTHER! ur bro---kevin tearney

Last edited by thpracing; 06-26-2011 at 03:01 PM.
thpracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
rapid30

Default Re: RIP THPracing's Ricky"P" Parker

Sorry to hear of Rick's passing, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and all of THP. RIP Rick.
rapid30
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote