Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Checkered Flag

The Checkered Flag This is where we say goodbye to drivers, car owners, promoters, race tracks and other memorable auto racing fixtures that have passed away.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
thpracing
thpracing

Default RIP Joe Mares 1944/2011

Joe Mares, a figure 8 racer at Englewood speedway, and stock car driver at Lakeside, passed away Thursday, November 17th. Joe was the owner of Joe Mares Towing for decades, until his death. I will be posting more on this site later today, or Monday. Joe was #84...and i will get some pics on here soon. Rest in Peace Joe
thpracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Fastway

Default Re: RIP Joe Mares 1944/2011

RIP Joe.

Remember, It's not bragging when you can back it up.
Fastway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Joe Mares Jr.
One Post Wonder

To all of my dads racing friends and families,

Racing was his life even though he hadn't raced in many years, he got his fix through all of you still racing today. He Loved going to the races that brought back all those wonderful memories he had when he was racing. He wouldn't let it go. He started racing at fort morgan raceways in the 1960's, he was hooked. He continued racing at englewood throughout the 70's until it closed. Occasionally at all the other tracks in and out of denver. He finished racing at Colorado national speedway on the dirt track in the sportsman division . he continued his racing career off the track at CNS either welding or towing on the infield, packing the track, or whatever else was needed to keep the racing alive. He continued attending races until the last day of the 2011 season. He loved you all! As most of you may know he also owned and operated J L Mares towing in denver for over 40 years.He passed away doing what he loved, towing cars. He was very dedicated to his company and loyal to all of his friends! I love you dad, thanks for always taking me to the track. Services are being held on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 at 6690 monaco st. Commerce city Colorado. There will be a viewing from 11 to 2pm and services to start right after. Please bring your tow trucks and all the great memories you have of him.

Joe Mares Jr.
Joe Mares Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Quick Time

Joe Jr,

My condolences to you and your family and I wish you well. Joe Mares R.I. P. and thank you for the great memories!!!!

Chuck
Quick Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
lakeside #29

Our deepest sympathies go out to Mares family. Rest in peace Joe.

Chris and Peggy Ertler

Chris Ertler - "professor coupe"
lakeside #29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
HOTRODDAVE

My condolences to you and your family RIP Joe
HOTRODDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
ALVIS

Rest in paradise Joe,you always came up to our pit every weekend to say hello and tell us good job tonight,you will be forever missed.....Big Al & TCB Racing
ALVIS is offline   Reply With Quote