Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Hlwarner
One Post Wonder

Default Son of charger driver

My name is Harold L Warner the second my dad was Harold Warner he drove the charger division for around 12 years or so he drove figure 8 for three years dabbled in the superstocks and late models a little bit too he won the championship at Century 21 Larry Dakin put his race car up for the championship which was the rattler we ran that late-model for short time I was in the pits at the age of 14 at Century 21 lakeside Colorado national back when it was dirt when it was a good track Inglewood which was the best track ever I know that when Inglewood was bulldozed a lot of grown man cried in charge of division we had car number 10 and car number 29 towards the end figure readers we had car number one and then went to her number 10
Hlwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
Bob333

Default Re: Son of charger driver

Harold #2 I meet you at century 21 and also at your dads house. The first time I meet your dad was at englewood in the banana cars. It was there first race about lap two. I had just come off of turn 2 towards the X where we made a right turn towards turn 3. I hit the brake pedel, it went to the floor, your dad was of my left, Bob Warner was on my right and Darrel Smith was behind me. When we made that right turn Glenn Oconnel spun right in front of me. I was driving (?) a 55 studebaker, and every one said that thing will fold like paper. I hit Glenn head on and destroyed his mopar and I finished the race. Your dad said he was surprised they didn't have to shovel up that stude.
I was also right behind your dad when he flipped at century 21 and landed on the wall with his dash board. Dave Swan drove his late model thru the wall at that point a few weeks later.
Your dad and I were friends at century, englewood and cns.
Fond Memories
Bob333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i am looking for pictures from the charger division