Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Just want to shoot the breeze and fellowship? This is the place!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
VintageBuzz

Default 2012 Racer's Reunion at CNS?

Will there be a 2012 Racer's Reunion this year at CNS?
It's looking like I might become unemployed real soon. So, I should be able to make one this summer without my work schedule getting in the way. ~VB
VintageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
ghubrex

Default Re: 2012 Racer's Reunion at CNS?

Glad you asked! The 2012 edition of the John Witthar Racer's Reunion, sponsored by the Colorado Vintage Oval Racers, will be held Sunday, August 26 at CNS. The Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies, CVOR Vintage Exhibition, and CARC "Wingless Night" will be held the evening prior, on Saturday, August 25. Everyone is welcome--oval track, drag racing, hill climb, road racing fans, drivers, and crew members. The event will be free and concessions will be available. Bring friends and family for a great afternoon of bench racing and story swapping; all street rods, muscle cars, and special interest automobiles are also welcome and can be displayed for the afternoon!
ghubrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
webby
Administrator

Maybe we should all wear plain white t-shirts with giant black letters stating our ARM username so we all can spot one another.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
numbbers
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
Maybe we should all wear plain white t-shirts with giant black letters stating our ARM username so we all can spot one another.
Well, that would be fun, but in keeping with the vintage theme, we should wear white pants too. My dad used to buy his "Whites" from the Navy Surplus store.

Thanks, Dave Russell
numbbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
parrot

Darn! I'm out of town that weekend. Hate it when that happens! Don't like to miss these.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbbers View Post
Well, that would be fun, but in keeping with the vintage theme, we should wear white pants too. My dad used to buy his "Whites" from the Navy Surplus store.
Yeah that was cool wasnt it?

We wore whites as late as the mid-1980's when Mitch was racing his midget.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
VintageBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghubrex View Post
Glad you asked! The 2012 edition of the John Witthar Racer's Reunion, sponsored by the Colorado Vintage Oval Racers, will be held Sunday, August 26 at CNS. The Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies, CVOR Vintage Exhibition, and CARC "Wingless Night" will be held the evening prior, on Saturday, August 25. Everyone is welcome--oval track, drag racing, hill climb, road racing fans, drivers, and crew members. The event will be free and concessions will be available. Bring friends and family for a great afternoon of bench racing and story swapping; all street rods, muscle cars, and special interest automobiles are also welcome and can be displayed for the afternoon!
Is the 2012 Racer's Reunion at CNS still a go for later this month? Can we 'camp out' at CNS on Saturday night after the races are over? ~VB
VintageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
ghubrex

The Racer's Reunion is still on for Sunday, August 26 at Colorado National Speedway. I am not sure about the overnight policy, but we have had cars overnight and a few CVOR members camping at the track after the Hall of Fame event in years past, so I would imagine such a policy would be in place this year as well.
ghubrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Joe Starr

The Racers Reunion is this Sunday at CNS. Looks as if there may be some "New" Vintage Late Models that might be makng the show.

Don't know for sure, but I know there is work being done with the hope they are ready for the show.
Joe Starr is offline   Reply With Quote