Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Some of the most spectacular vintage race cars are off the quarter mile. Drag Racing from the 1950's, 60's and 70's produced some auto racing's most memorable cars and drivers.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Joel Miller
One Post Wonder

Default Deloy Naeb / Brighton, Co

I have recently acquired Deloy's "Pooch" 1958 Corvette that he took the street elim class with at the 1966 Tulsa World Finals. The car is extremely rough but I am not going to let it languish. My intent is to bring the car back the way it was raced. Over the years Deloy's scrapbook has gotten away thus I am in need of any clippings, photographs, or first hand experiences with this car. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. Deloy curently lives in Tijeras NM and is enthusiastic about the restoration. Regards/ Joel Miller/Tulsa Ok (Joegmiller@aol.com or JoelMiller@aerongroup.com).
Joel Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
parrot

Default Re: Deloy Naeb / Brighton, Co

That's great news Joel. Always like to see historic race cars restored. I've seen photos of it, but unfortunately don't have any. Most of my recollections of the Naebs were of their Lakeside stock car involvement. Deloy's dad Reinie showed me some photos/newspaper clippings once of his drag racing accomplishments. He was pretty proud of that.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote