Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Modifieds

Modifieds The open wheel version of a stock car has a wide range of variations as well as the supermodfied which is a closer relative to the sprint car.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
TPF

Default Brian Stevens 1977

This is the first racecar I ever worked on. Brian bought this car from Linus Driling in 1976. I had to laugh the pit crew wore silly little jump seuts. I dont have a picture of thank you very much tim. Notice Pat Petrie standing in the backround
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan19.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	577  
TPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
lakeside #29

Default Re: Brian Stevens 1977

Hi Tim, I think I can fill in some of the history of Brian Stevens car after he sold it. Frank Denning had it and put '34 Chevy coach body on it and raced it as purple #91. The coupe body wound up on Mike Kitterman's purple #92. The #91 then became Keith Law's car. He ran for a couple of years and sold it to Darrell Taylor who ran it as the purple #93 for several years then parked it. Darrell restored the car a number of years ago and shows it regularly. It even was a cover car on "Vintage Oval Racing Magazine" in 2003. He had to change some of the parts because the old stuff wasn't useable but he still has the original frame and roll cage stored away.
Mike McIntyre bought the #92 from Mike Kitterman and raced it for a few years. It got traded around a few times and I think Ken Bennett had it for awhile. Maybe Bruce Rhoades could fill us in on its status today. I would think unless the Model A body was crashed beyond repair it may still be in use.

Chris Ertler
lakeside #29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
TPF

Chris. I remember Kitterman having this car and getting on his head down the back shut and knocking him self silly. And MR Talor having it after that. TIM
TPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
lakeside #29

Tim, Darrell spent a bundle restoring his car. the whole thing just kind of snowballed. The original intent was to reassaemble the car just cleaned up and with all of the parts he had. The roll cage was not really useable and the frame was pretty much in the same condition. Witthar built the new roll cage on a ex-street rod stock deuce frame. Then parts came up missing and it just made it that much tougher for Darrell. Miked's machine rebuilt the engine, but Darrell had to jump through hoops just getting it back. They were in the process of going out of business and their hours were kind of eratic. The car turned out really good and it will probably be at the racer's reunion the end of August. The engine was just rebuilt.

Chris Ertler-"professor coupe"
lakeside #29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
VintageBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeside #29 View Post
Chris Ertler-"professor coupe"
That's a well earned and highly regraded title for a gear-head. Keep your race car lectures flowing "professor coupe"! ~VB
VintageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote