Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Vintage Race Cars For Sale

Vintage Race Cars For Sale Occasionally we stumble across interesting old vintage race cars for sale on the internet. We post them here so we can talk about them and share them with each other.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
webby
Administrator

Default FOR SALE: 1946 Kurtis Kraft USAC midget

Every now and then I post these vintage race cars that I find for sale on eBay. Here is a really neat one!

Click the image to see a slideshow of the car.

Description:
1946 KURTIS KRAFT RACE CAR

FRAME-KURTIS KRAFT KIT BY FRANK FARCHIONE, ENGINE-FORD V-8 60, HEADS & INTAKE-EDELBROCK, WHEELS-HALIBRAND MAGS. FIRST OWNER-JACK ANDERSON, RACINE, WISCONSIN.

This midget was raced at Angel Park, near Milwaukee, Wisconsin during the late 1940's and early 1950's. The car was driven by Rich Vogler's dad Don for one season and then by Chuck Zunker. The original # was No. 8 and the color was blue. Frank Farchione ordered the Kurtis Kraft all aluminum body kit car from Kuris. The car was built in Milwaukee. It has always had a Ford V-8 60 engine.

This car has been completely restored and is museum quality. The engine, trans, rear end, and all components were restored, assembled and preserved and has not been raced, only shown at shows and different events. It has probably the finest tow trailer in existence, extremely well done! All major chassis and suspenion parts are chromed and outstanding. This car and trailer are truly magnificent. All components are original etc. Harmon Collins Magneto, instrument guages, steering wheel, fuel filters and dual stromberg carbs and edelbrock intake maniford. Really one of the best! I hate to sell but health forces me to let someone else enjoy this piece. I

I have complete documentation and pics of the car and trailer, very extensive research went into this project. I bought the car from Larry Nolan of Memphis, Tenn. He is a vintage sprint collector and racer who has retired from racing. The paint scheme is in his livery. I am 74 now and my health keeps me from really enjoying the car. Good luck bidding!!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links