Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Some of the most spectacular vintage race cars are off the quarter mile. Drag Racing from the 1950's, 60's and 70's produced some auto racing's most memorable cars and drivers.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
superstroke

Default Jim Beckers Anglia - The Kidd

Here are 2 shots taken at Denvers Lakeside Speedway of Steve Beckers 48? Anglia. This car appeared at countless auto shows and I imagine that it was at the drags a lot too. I don't know cus I was always a toilet bowl racer....

The two things I do know about this car is that it was a real eye catcher and was lettered by Denvers legendary Ron Avers. I remember the CARC (Colorado Automobile Racing Club) bringing in a drag car every now and then during trophy presentations and after the track was cleared the guest drag car would be allowed to do a burnout in front of the grandstands. Fun to watch for the 3 seconds.....but otherwise....YAWN!!

Thanks to Mark "Kappy" Kaplan for the use of these photos.

Louie Allison says the owners name was Jim....Ron Avers says it was Steve....so you pick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0010.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1959   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0011.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1960  

Last edited by superstroke; 12-06-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: WRONG NAME
superstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
parrot

Default Re: Jim Beckers Anglia - The Kidd

Always knew him as Steve Becker. Not to be confused with the other Steve Becker at Berts Early Ford.

Rick's comments remind me of the time way back, must have been late fifties, when cars of many of the drag classes in Denver at the time all came to Lakeside Speedway one Sunday night to parade around for a lap or two. One of those interesting memories.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote