Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Sprint Cars & Champ Cars

Sprint Cars & Champ Cars The big brother(s) to the midget these open wheel beasts have a rich heritage in our auto racing memories.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
VintageBuzz

Default Tech Talk: Jacobs Ladder Explained

Back in 2001-2002 at Rocky Mountain Raceways in Salt Lake City, K&B Racing of Ogden, UT (i.e. Kevin & Buzz) was helping rookie-driver & friend Roy Murphy with the Dave Adamson #51 USAC sprint car. This was my first encounter with a Jacobs Ladder suspension system. This link will help you get more familiar with the geometry involved and why some midgets & sprint cars still use them today. ~VB
Jacobs Ladder Explained

Last edited by VintageBuzz; 08-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
VintageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Jeff Anderson

Default Re: Tech Talk: Jacobs Ladder Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBuzz View Post
Back in 2001-2002 at Rocky Mountain Raceways in Salt Lake City, K&B Racing of Ogden, UT (i.e. Kevin & Buzz) was helping rookie-driver & friend Roy Murphy with the Dave Adamson #51 USAC sprint car. This was my first encounter with a Jacobs Ladder suspension system. This link will help you get more familiar with the geometry involved and why some midgets & sprint cars still use them today. ~VB
Jacobs Ladder Explained
VintageBuzz, Thanks for the link, some good info. We run a sprint car and the site will help. Wow, could you amagine an 87" pan hard bar. The mod coupe we run has a wishbone link designed by Jerry Malloy. Some ask where the pan hard bar is and I tell them, it's a secret, just kiddin. It does work quite well though. Jeff Anderson
Jeff Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote